e-Health 2022 announces program lineup
The two-day virtual conference takes a deep dive into AI, mental health, telemedicine, and virtual care projects across Canada
For immediate release
TORONTO, ON: 16 May 2022
The annual e-Health Conference & Tradeshow will take place virtually, June 1–2, 2022. Hosted by Canada Health Infoway, the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), and Digital Health Canada, the conference is devoted to improving Canadian health and healthcare delivery through collaboration, innovation, and advancements in information technology and data management.
“As the largest digital health conference in Canada, this event brings together a blend of passionate audiences involved in this agenda,” says Stephen O’Reilly, Executive Director, Federal Relations at CIHI.
“This networking opportunity is significant because it brings learning, collaboration, and sharing directly back to a large variety of healthcare projects at local, regional, and national levels.”
Virtual care, the proliferation of mental health apps, remote monitoring, access challenges for Indigenous, remote and rural populations — at a time when pandemic protocols are slowly lifting, delegates will convene to speak on topics that have now become commonplace within the mainstream.
“COVID accelerated the shift to digital transformation in so many industries, forcing organizations to pivot and adapt their technology and ways of working to the new norm,” explains Kent Maclean, Manager at CIHI.
“E-Health’s themes this year are especially timely because they include adoption of new technologies and virtual care, ongoing challenges in remote areas, and meeting Indigenous health needs.”
- Optimizing the virtual care experience
- Accessibility = improved care
- Practicing responsible AI
- The future of care coordination
- Challenges in remote and First Nations care
- Don’t let hackers steal your health information
- Collaborating to accelerate a better experience
- Virtual emergency rooms (VERs): Addressing the physician shortage in rural Newfoundland communities
- Digital supporting mental health
- Bold projects in digital health
- Virtual community care
- Changing remote patient monitoring strategies in the midst of COVID-19
- Patient records — unite and protect!
- Understanding chronic pain waitlist experiences to facilitate need-based eHealth platforms
- Precision healthcare: Using AI to revolutionize breast cancer screening
- Development of a chatbot for HIV patients using participatory design
The growing list of speakers includes:
- Abhi Kalra, VP, Portfolio Management, Canada Health Infoway
- Angela Lianos, Senior Director, Healthcare Consulting, PwC
- Brent Diverty, VP, Data Strategies, Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Carolyn Steele Gray, Scientist, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- Dr. Brad Nieder, Health & Wellness Expert
- Dr. David Jaffray, Professor, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Dr. Rowland Illing, Chief Medical Officer, Amazon Web Services
- Heather Dyck, Patient Partner, Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Megan Hunt, Acting Executive Director, First Nations Health Authority
e-Health Virtual Conference & Tradeshow
June 1–2, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT (UTC -4)
- Hashtag: #eHealth2022
- Twitter: @eHealthConf
- LinkedIn (Company): @e-health-conference
- Instagram: @ehealthconf
- Facebook: @ehealthconference
- YouTube: @E-healthconference
The e-Health Conference provides unique learning and networking opportunities for Canadian digital healthcare professionals who are trying to make a difference. Since its inception in 2000, e-Health remains a vital epicentre of Canadian digital health discussion and debate. It is the optimal spot for sharing ideas, expertise, successes, and challenges with peers — nationally and across the globe.
Meditech, Medtronic, Orion Health, Aetonix, Amazon Web Services, Beazley, Calian, Chronically Simple, Google Cloud, HealthHub, HealthTech, Lanier Healthcare Canada, Logibec, Logitech, Lumeca, Medavie, Norima Consulting, Novartis, OpsGuru, Petal, Philips, Quest Diagnostics, Semantic Health, ServiceNow, Tableau, Tegria, Teladoc Health, TELUS Health, and Thrive Health.
Supporters & Media Partners:
Caversham Booksellers, Canadian Healthcare Technology, Healthcare Information Management & Communication Canada, HealthTech Magazines, Healthcare IT Today, Hospital News, and The Hill Times.
– 30 –
Interview requests or press passes
Media who would like to cover this event can fill out an accreditation form.