e-Health Patient Scholarships
The e-Health Conference & Tradeshow brings together the top minds and talent from the Canadian digital health community as keynote presenters, panelists, patient representatives, and leading-edge vendors. The conference offers a unique opportunity to connect with over 1,500 digital health professionals, making e-Health the optimal spot for sharing ideas, expertise, successes and challenges with peers from across Canada and beyond. Patients and Caregivers are encouraged to apply for the scholarship to assist with the costs of attending the conference.
Applications for Patient Scholarships are to be submitted online. Key dates will be announced in February 2021.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- Complimentary full registration to the conference, including the Sunday Design Jam Workshop and social events
- Return flights to and from Vancouver arranged by the conference (if required)
- Up to four (4) night’s accommodation arranged by the conference at a conference hotel
- As per the e-Health 2020 Expense Policy for Patient Attendees, a per diem will be provided in advance of the conference to cover meals (not included as part of the conference program); local transportation and incidentals will be reimbursed following the conference based on receipts submitted. The exact amount of the per diem will be determined once your flights have been booked.
- Call for Patient Scholarship applications opens – TBD
- Application deadline – TBD
- Application review – TBD
- Scholarship Notifications sent out – TBD
Applications for Patient Scholarships are to be submitted online. Click the button below to access the application form.
e-Health Patients Included
We strongly believe that e-Health satisfies all five criteria as identified in the Patients Included charter:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers. Our patient advisors, each with valuable experience relevant to digital health, have been involved in the conference program from an early stage by joining the Program Committee and participating in the abstract reviews, helping plan the Sunday Workshop as well as participating in the design and planning of our patient scholarship program.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery and appear in its physical audience. Our patient advisors will be invited to participate as session moderators during the conference. Patient advisors and scholarship recipients are invited to stay for the duration of the conference and attend any session they choose.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates. The conference’s patient advisors and the recipients of patient scholarships will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance. All patients and caregivers are eligible to apply for a patient scholarship (see Patient Scholarship information below).
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates. The conference venue, the Parq Vancouver, meets all local and provincial accessibility requirements. More details on their website. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements will be open to patient delegates.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with live-streaming of the Keynote and Plenary sessions; recorded audio and video of all sessions will also be available via the Virtual Library. he hashtag #eHealth2020 will be actively promoted prior to and during the conference to encourage online participation. The conference mobile app can be downloaded and used by anyone at no cost. Registered delegates have complimentary access to the conference Virtual Library.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.