e-Health Virtual PopUp Patients Included
We are pleased to announce that the e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp meets the criteria for the Patients Included status, continuing with our long-term commitment to incorporate patient expertise into the conference. For more information on Patients Included, please visit the Patients Included website.
e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp is an exclusively virtual event. The conference mobile app, whova, can be downloaded and used by anyone at no cost. Registered delegates have complimentary access to the conference Virtual Library. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Get Whova Now (Recommended browser: Google Chrome)
Patients Included Charter
We strongly believe that e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp satisfies all five criteria as identified in the Patients Included charter:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers. Our patient advisors, each with valuable experience relevant to digital health, have been involved in the conference program from an early stage by joining the Program Committee and participating in the abstract reviews, as well as participating in the design and planning of our patient scholarship program.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery and appear in its physical audience. Our patient advisors will be invited to participate as a session moderator during the conference. Patient advisors and scholarship recipients are invited to stay for the duration of the conference and attend any session they choose. A patient video will be featured in the event opening or closing remarks. A patient perspective will be included in the patient engagement session.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates. The conference’s patient advisors and the recipients of patient scholarships will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance (not applicable to the Virtual Pop-up event). All patients and caregivers were eligible to apply for a patient scholarship. We received 106 scholarship applications for the e-Health 2020 Conference and Tradeshow. All of those applicants will receive a complimentary registration to join the e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements will be open to patient delegates.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with live-streaming of the Keynote and Plenary sessions; recorded audio and video of all sessions will also be available via the Virtual Library.
How do I apply to attend as a Patient Partner?
Taking e-Health virtual means that we have the opportunity to include more patient and caregiver partners than ever before. In fact, we have allocated 100 scholarship registrations to e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp for patients and caregivers. First invitations have gone to those that originally applied for a scholarship to attend e-Health 2020 in Vancouver. As of July 1, 2020, we will open up the application process for those that have not yet applied. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the e-Health 2020 Virtual PopUp scholarship application. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 15, 2020 and is on a firs- come first-served basis to fill the 100 scholarships available.