We are proud to announce that e-Health 2018 is Patients Included Accredited.
This means that we are committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their conditions while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.
For more information on Patients Included, please visit the Patients Included website.
e-Health 2018 has satisfied all five criteria as identified in the Patients Included charter:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
Our patient advisors, with valuable experience relevant to digital health, have been involved in the conference program from an early stage by joining committees such as the Abstract Review Committee and the Sunday Session Committee. They have actively participated in the abstract review process and the formation of the program schedule, especially the program of the Patient Engagement themed Sunday Pre-Conference Session.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
Our patient advisors will be invited to participate as session moderators and/or speakers during the conference. Patient advisors and scholarship recipients are invited to stay for the duration of the conference and attend any session they choose, including the Sunday Pre-Conference Session.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
The conference’s patient advisors and the recipients of patient/caregiver scholarships will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance.
All patients and caregivers are eligible to apply for a patient/caregiver scholarship. Click here for more information.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
The conference venue, JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, meets all local and provincial accessibility requirements. More details on their website. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements will be open to patient delegates.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
The hashtag #eHealth2018 will be actively promoted prior to and during the conference to encourage online participation. The conference mobile app can be downloaded and used by anyone at no cost. Registered delegates have complimentary access to the conference presentation slides and session recordings (as available).
If you have any questions, please contact us at speakers at e-healthconference.com