e-Health 2020 will be held at the JW Marriott Parq Vancouver. Anchored by the stylish neighborhoods of Gastown and Yaletown, JW Marriott Parq Vancouver is at the center of downtown Vancouver’s dynamic entertainment district near Rogers Arena, BC Place and Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Cradled between mountains and ocean, scenic Vancouver offers world-renowned cuisine, eclectic shopping and art, and natural beauty. Galleries and public exhibits for art enthusiasts, historical sites and districts for history buffs, and scenic hiking trails and botanical gardens for nature lovers are just a small sampling of the city’s diverse attractions. With so much to experience in Vancouver, you will be well entertained during your conference off time.
10 Fun Facts About Vancouver
- Stanley Park is 10% larger than Central Park.
- Vancouver boasts the fourth largest cruise ship port in the world.
- Kitsilano pool is the longest saltwater pool in Canada.
Botox use was pioneered by a doctor in Vancouver.
- Stanley Park’s grey squirrels descend from a pair of squirrels received as a gift from New York City in 1909.
- “The Eye of The Wind” on top of Grouse Mountain is the only working wind turbine in the world that has a viewing platform.
- Vancouver is listed as the third most liveable city in the world. It is also Canada’s third largest city, after Toronto and Montreal.
- Incorporated in 1886, Vancouver is still a pretty young city.
- Vancouver is the largest film production center in North America after Los Angeles and New York City
- The California roll was actually invented in Vancouver by Chef Hidekazu Tojo.