TORONTO, May 19, 2016 – As the only national conference that connects the entire digital health ecosystem, e-Health 2016 will zero in on innovative technology, patient engagement, models of care (virtual, mobile, etc.), policy, processes, and more to support quality, sustainable care delivery in the face of the foundational change taking place in the health system. e-Health 2016 takes place from June 5 – 8 in Vancouver.
More than 200 local and international thought leaders and innovators will present keynote, plenary, panel and educational sessions, as well workshops and e-Poster presentations. In addition, the Hacking Health Design Challenge Hackathon will attempt to address frontline healthcare challenges, and participants can experience that latest health technology trends in The Showcase and Innovation Alley on the tradeshow floor.
What: e-Health 2016, national digital health conference, tradeshow and Hackathon
When: June 5- 8, 2016 beginning at 8:30 a.m. each day
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building
999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
- Reimagining Healthcare in Canada: Connecting Innovators – June 6, 8:30 a.m.
- Zayna Khayat, MaRS Discovery; Marilyn Emery, Women’s College Hospital; Dr. Travis McDonough, Kinduct Technologies will spark discussion and provide some meaningful insights into how we can reimagine healthcare in Canada
- Reimagining Healthcare in Canada: The Case for Optimism – June 6, 4:00 p.m.
- Panel discussion featuring Dr. Peter Vaughan, Deputy Minister of Health, Nova Scotia; Catherine Claiter-Larsen, Vancouver Island Health Authority; and Neil Fraser, Medtronic
- Why Entrepreneurship is Essential for Bold Change in Healthcare – June 7, 8:30 a.m.
- John DeHart, Nurse Next Door
- Data Schmata: Start Measuring What Really Counts! – June 8, 12:00 p.m.
- Louis Francescutti, visionary storyteller and one of Alberta’s Top 100 Physicians of the Century
Full program details are available at http://www.e-healthconference.com/program/conference-program/.
Media are required to pre-register for accreditation and check-in at the registration desk upon arrival.
For more information, contact:
Director, Media Relations, Canada Health Infoway